- Click on "Compose tab", address the message and fill in the "Subject" line
- Before composing the message, click on "Tools" (next to "Copy message to sent folder")
- Click on "Rich-text editor OFF" to set off
- NOTE: The toggle is actually counter-intuitive. That is, if the drop menu choice says "Rich -Text Editor OFF" RTF formatting is on. When the toggle shows "Rich -Text Editor ON" RTF formatting is off.
- If you receive a pop up message "Are you sure you want to do this?" Click "OK" and wait for text formatting tools to disappear
- NOTE: If you are using Netscape, then you will NOT be given the the choice to turn ON/OFF RTF formatting. Messages will be sent in plain text format.
- Compose your plain text message
- Send your plain text message
Original material courtesy of Gerald E. Boyd.